I had such idealistic views of maternity leave… how I would wander around Brussels pushing the stroller/pram, stopping for coffee/brunch/lunch at all the new spots that I had been dying to try out. Maybe blogging more, maybe learn some more French or Portuguese, maybe catch up on reading, stock the fridge/freezer with meals or…
Whatever! Sometimes I was grateful just to have 15minutes to myself in order to shower!!
Which is why I decided that life is too short to waste on grocery shopping and cooking elaborate meals … (don’t get me wrong – I LOVE cooking.. but sometimes I am just too tired to think about a nutritious and healthy home cooked meal at 8pm at night – especially when I haven’t been to the shops for ingredients yet!) – which is why I started using some fantastic online delivery services to help me save time. Here are the ones that I have tried, tested and recommend!
- Cirkle – local, organic & seasonal produce delivered to your door (once off, weekly, monthly options available)… plus they have partnered with other local producers (Jack O’Shea’s, Boco, etc). They also offer a FREE recycling service as of your 2nd delivery onwards. I use them at least twice a month.
- Combo (by BPost) – you complete your online grocery shopping (Delhaize Wink or Carrefour Drive…) and they will collect and delivery it to you for 9,95€. They will also collect and delivery at the same time from any of their other partners (Lowy, Jack O’Shea’s, Cirkle, etc…). I use them once a month to stock up on all the basics – meaning I don’t need to waste time in the shops, packing/unpacking my own car and struggling to my front door with numerous bags.
- Smartmat – offering recipe boxes with fresh ingredients delivered to your door. You choose for how many people and for how many meals/days. I tried them once – great concept. You can view the current & following weeks menu plan on their website.
- Hello Fresh – offering recipe boxes with fresh ingredients delivered to your door. You choose for how many people and for how many meals/days. I tried them once – another great concept. You can view the current & following weeks menu plan on their website.
- Breakfast delivery Brussels – a recent (June 2016) launch offering breakfast delivered to your door on Saturdays & Sundays between 08h00 & 13h00. I tried them once – great concept – the deluxe breakfast is HUGE and we literally ate off it for lunch and breakfast the next day as well.
- Deliveroo – meals from your favourite local restaurants (within 3km) delivered to you in an average of 32 minutes (via bicycle). Payment option: Paypal. I recommend: Marcels Burger Bar, Al Bacha Lebanese & Mamma Roma Flagey.
- Take Eat Easy – meals from your favourite local (within 3km) restaurants delivered to you in via bicycle. One benefit of TakeEatEasy is that their app shows you photos of what each of the meals available looks like. Payment option: Credit Card. I recommend: Takumi Rice Bowls, Knees to Chin Rice Paper Rolls, Bia Mara & Mellow (Frozen yoghurt & pancakes)
- Pizza.be – not just a pizza delivery service, but a full service of take-away options. Payment option: Paypal, cash, credit card…